Conflict in our lives has a greater purpose than just making us feel confused and or miserable. It creates in the forefront of your mind the need to look at contrasting and or opposing forces within a situation. Conflict supports you in recognizing that:
1) You don’t like what’s happening
2) You want something different
3) You need to look at your options
4) You must make a choice
Reframing how you view conflict to
1) Acknowledging authentically that YOU…not anyone else, but YOU don’t like what’s happening.
2) Begin exploring your options by asking yourself, “what is it that I want to happen regarding this situation?”
3) Step into the answer that you have given to what you want to happen by using your 5 senses:
What does it feel like? What does it look like? What does it sound like? What does it smell like? What does it taste like?
4) Then seal the deal by making your choice a taking action!
The ultimate role of conflict in our lives is for us to make conscious and aware choices.